I like trouble

Sorry. Yep, I have to immediately apologize for my personal philosophy. Sorry.

I make no bones about liking chaos, anarchy, and subversion. Sorry, again.

I wish we still had social and economic classes. Maybe if I was part of the landed gentry or a Brahmin, I would be much more at ease with my intellect, sensitivity, and aesthete. Even if my entrance to the highest castes was not guaranteed, then I might strive to join them or to tear them down.

Instead, I am a part of a society which encourages equality by diminishing achievement with flashy and petty distractions.

So I've learned how to yell over the crass and uncaring, to surprise the punks with a few tricks of my own. And don't get me started with the classic battle of "I Fought The Law".

I realize that on my miserable drive to work in the rain during rush hour while I like two-wheeled transport: it is the closest thing I have to freedom. On a moto, I barely subject to traffic laws and on a bicycle, I am not subject at all.

I don't abuse my freedom: I simply want to get to where I need to go without hindrance. Not surprisingly, there is deep resentment by those who are bound by the traditional restraints of safety and law. Motorcycles riders are high-speed thugs and bicycles belong on the sidewalk.

And I don't think trouble is necessarily a bad thing. There are times when trouble is required, when the order imposed is unethical, immoral, or just plain wrong.

That's where people like me shine. So if I caused you trouble, sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My lottery list: cars edition

Night Poaching - Urban vs Suburban

A Tale Of Two Governors